Welcome to 2013 and SMA Website
- 2012 was a pretty good year for SMA. We had several successful Conferences at Tavarua, the Galapagos and Hawaii and all were sold out. For 2013, Tavarua and the Galapagos are already filled and we have waiting list for 2014. This upcoming Tavarua Conference will be the 26th meeting we have had in Fiji.
- Membership has increased with almost 50 new online professional members and about 25 “starving medical students.” We have also aligned ourselves with several other surfing medical groups alone with the EASD (European Association of Surfing Doctors) which held its first conference in Sagres, Portugal in June, They will be having their second conference in October 2013 in a soon to be announced location.
- SMA and several of these other organization are looking at having a “World Congress of Surfing Medicine” to be held possibly in the Caribbean area. More to come on this.
- Finally please take a look at our store as well have several new SMA products, several types of shirts, books, flash drives and soon, SMA towels. We appreciate your continued support of the Surfers Medical Association.
Bill Jones Executive Director
Latest news and Headline
Openings are still available for our fifth annual European conference, , in the south of France. This is one of our most fun events; we always get great waves, great food and great wine, plus we party every night. This conference always attracts some of our most energetic members who attend regularly.
Get more info in the "Conferences page" and then send in your deposit "tout de suite!"
Work at G-land
We are from G-Land Joyo's Camp would like to cooperate with your Association we have special offer for Surfing Doctors who want to have Surftrip of a Lifetime this year, our opening season April - October 2013 Doctors who will have benefits fo 50% charge from normal rates. - Please check our video -
The European Association of Surfing Doctors
– Sagres 2012 Please check our short 15min video
BIARRITZ from September 29th to October 6th, 2013.
Anyone with any involvement in health-care or surfing is welcome to join the Association and participate in its conferences, village projects and other activities. - JOIN SMA / RENEW MEMBERSHIP or Help Us with a donation.