Mag Bay. Who wants to surf warm water waves with offshore winds and NO CROWDS?!! INSANE Fishing and Snorkeling too !!
Dates –August 6-13, 2023
*Must be a SMA member to join
Location -San Lazaro at Magdalena Bay Baja Sur, California.
Maximum 20 guests at the Mag Bay Camp. Maximum 12 surfers.
Mag Bay is a special place. It books up 100% every year.
50% deposit required by January 15th 2023.
Steps: You MUST BE AN SMA MEMBER TO JOIN THIS TRIP
- Pay for your conference fees here on this site
- Email Dan Moffat email@example.com & cc firstname.lastname@example.org with a screenshot of your payment of conference fees and membership fees
- Reserve with Dan your stay at Mag Bay
- send your topics to Dan for after surfing, SMA lectures: include- (name, degree, topic, topic length, brief synopsis, 3 lecture objectives, brief bio, brief CV, address, email, and signed disclosure form)
Two right hand point breaks right out front. Both work on South/Southwest Spring, Summer and Fall swells. Other minor breaks including a 16 mile long beach close by too.
Cuevas – Right reef that breaks on anything with a South swell.
Campsites – 400 yard reeling right point, breaks on South swell head high or above.
Wave difficulty. Fun but forgiving.
- Small – best for beginner/intermediate.
- 1x head high – intermediate.
- 2x overhead – intermediate/advanced.
- SUP and Longboards work well. Short boards work well on overhead.
RENTAL Funboards, Longboards and SUPs available!
Friendly and very capable staff.
From LAX, fly to Loreto, Baja California Sur- van to Puerto San Carlos and one-hour boat ride to San Lazaro at Mag Bay.
Accommodations are “Glamping (Glamour Camping). Your own 9×10 ColemanBase size w/ Stand Up Center Height Coleman Insta-tent. Astro-turf carpeting inside and out, nightstand size table and XL Cot. Very Comfortable ! The View? SPECTACULAR!!
LARGE Main Lodge with full kitchen and dining area. Main Lodge has Solar Power for lighting and charging all devices
Three great meals a day. Included. Every meal Delicious with more than ample portions!
$2 Beers and $4 Margaritas.
Mag Bay camp is on an offshore island located in a Mexican eco reserve. No roads/towns. Like Southern California 50 years ago. Diving, fishing, hiking, live music set-up and surfing without the crowd! It’s just us!
Whale watching in season.
Mag Bay is a special place. And Warm Water September books up 100% every year. They have agreed to hold it exclusively for us until Jan. 15th. Sign up now and get your 50%confirmation deposit in ASAP!
Instagram: @magbaysteve. #magbaysurfcamp #magbaytours